Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Corn Dog Muffins

I found the original version of this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. I slightly modified it.


Ingredients:

2 packages (8 1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
5 hot dogs cut up

(I add the sour cream to reduce the crumbles normal corn muffins produce)

Directions:
  • In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and brown sugar.
  • Combine eggs, sour cream and milk; stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Stir in corn and hot dogs.
  • Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400 degrees for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Makes 2 dozen
I freeze some and keep them on hands for the kid's lunches. They love them!

Parties I linked to:

6 comments:

  1. Those look yummy for kiddos! Your blog is super cute! I am a follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought corn bread muffin mix to make these! My kids are going to love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a great Summer treat for my family. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun! i'm gonna have to try these :)

    jackie
    http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seeing dinner tonight. Love me some corn dogs - how super easy to make this way!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...