Thursday, June 23, 2011

Firecracker Chicken Nachos

I am so happy it is almost Friday. How about you? The week never goes by fast enough and the weekend passes too quickly. Tonight I made my traditional chicken nachos with jalapenos added on top. I decided to rename them Firecracker Chicken Nachos in honor of the 4th of July. I believe this is a variation on a Pampered Chef recipe I had years ago.


Ingredients:
Tortilla chips
2 cups shredded chicken
1 1/2-2 cups shredded cheese
Taco seasoning or Jamaican Jerk seasoning
1/2 green bell pepper diced
1/2 red bell pepper diced
1 lime
Chopped cilantro
Sour cream (Green chile sc is my fav)
(You may always eliminate any of the above that you don't like)

Directions:
1. Arrange your tortilla chips on your round stone or cookie sheet. Combine chicken with seasoning and shredded cheese. Distribute over tortilla chips.



Bake at 425 F for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with peppers. Squeeze lime over the nachos. Sprinkle chopped cilantro. Pipe sour cream over the nachos.


Top with jalapenos for the "firecracker" effect. Enjoy!

Parties I linked to:
somewhat simple button

PhotobucketCast Party Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. Oh, My yumminess...I LOVE Nachos! I'm your newest folllower. Please stop by and say "Hi" when you get a sec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy! I'm have a recipe only link party "Cast Party Wednesday" and this would be perfect. Would you come over and share some of your recipes with us?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...