Saturday, August 13, 2011

Easy Peach Cobbler

Our peach tree had a rough year with all this hot Texas weather. However, I still was able to get some beautiful and delicious peaches. My best trick is to pick them when they only have 1/2 of their gorgeous peach color. This prevents them from being attacked by bugs and birds. I place some in the fruit drawer in the fridge and some in a brown bag. The ones in the fridge will ripen within a week and they often stay good for three weeks. It allows me to enjoy them so much longer without having to can or freeze them. I love to make this quick and easy peach cobbler from allrecipes.com.
It is perfect topped with a little vanilla ice cream. Yummy!


Here are some of the peaches my son and I picked.


Ingredients:
5 fresh peaches-peeled, pitted, and sliced
5 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish
2. Place peaches in dish. cut each slice of bread into five fingers, and lay the fingers over the peaches. In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, egg and butter and mix until well blended. Pour over bread and peaches.
3. Bake in preheated oven 35 to 45 minutes, until golden.
4. Enjoy!



I love the easy prep for this scrumptious peach cobbler. This recipe feeds 4-5.



Parties I linked to:
Photobucket NightOwlCraftingBLOG TITLESomewhat Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...